I noticed that the wordpress exclusion rules was already in the owasp directory /etc/modsecurity.d/owasp/rules/REQUEST-903.9002-WORDPRESS-EXCLUSION-RULES.conf
But I think it needs to be activated in the file /etc/modsecurity.d/owasp/crs-setup.conf
Under the SecAction example under line: 363 I added
Also while I as poking around I made some changes the file /etc/modsecurity.d/modsec.customisations.conf
Then apache/nginx need to be reloaded/restarted. I just rebooted the server since it was In need of it anyways.
So far the tests I did with WordPress (especially with Elementor installed) now works.
I'm not sure if these changes will be persistent when the next Enhance update comes along.